Following the successful commercialisation of the Exelys™ Thermal Hydrolysis process, Veolia has developed a standard series of package plants.
Package Exelys™ is a skid mounted plug and play solution. The system is tested in the workshop and delivered to site as a complete solution in order to reduce the installation time on site.
The process is the same as in a classic ExelysTM:an innovative method for pre-treatment of sludge upstream of anaerobic digestion. The combination of ExelysTM and anaerobic digestion offers considerably better performance than conventional digestion and optimizes sludge treatment by producing:
- 25 to 35% less dry solids
- 30 to 50% more biogas
- No odours
- A pasteurised digestate, for control over the sanitation hazards and safe agricultural reuse
Exelys™ and Package Exelys™ handle all kinds of organic, industrial or municipal, sludge and can also handle grease
Operating Principle of Exelys and Package Exelys™
It operates under controlled temperature (approximately 165°C), pressure (6-8 bars) and duration time (approximately 30 minutes) conditions. The system is controlled by a PLC that modulates the steam flow rate in line with the amount of sludge processed and the temperature set-pont.
- Reduces Sludge Volumes
- Improves Sludge Quality
- Increases Biogas
- Equipment installed and tested off site
- Plug & Play: minimum installation time on site
- Range for small to medium Anaerobic Digestion plants: capacity between 4,000 tds/year to 10,000 tds/year
- Retains all the continuous TH advantages in a skid mounted installation