Features & Benefits
Exelys™ works continuously 24 hour a day and has a simplified operation and maintenance, with a limited footprint.
This process allows:
- Reduced digester related investment for new installations
- Reduced operating costs:
o Less sludge to dispose
o At existing installations, the digestion capacity can be increased by handling new inputs.
- Income is generated from:
o Either processing external inputs through co-digestion
o Either selling the energy produced by co-generation or producing bio-methane
Exelys™ is a solution that guarantees energy and environmental performance, thanks to:
- Conversion into "green" electricity via co-generation
- Bio-methane production (for injection into the network or as fuel)
- Low steam consumption
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Many possibilities for using biogas: with external input (co-digestion), energy self-sufficiency or even a positive energy footprint may be achieved by the plant.
Exelys™ combines with other Veolia sludge treatment processes such as Athos™ (hydrothermal oxidation), Pyrofluid™ (incineration), BioCon™ (thermal drying), Solia™ (solar drying) and completes them to offer even more sustainable solutions.