Features & Benefits
Bio Thelys™ is a flexible and safe solution which produces a pasteurised digestate that is compliant with international standards e.g.: EPA class A (UAS) and ADAS Safe Sludge Matrix (UK)
Bio Thelys™ allows:
- Reduced digester related investment for new installations
- Reduced operating costs:
o Less sludge to remove
o At existing installations, the digestion capacity can be increased by handling new input.
- An income which is generated from:
o Either processing external input through co-digestion
o Either selling the energy produced by co-generation or producing bio-methane
Bio Thelys™ is a solution that guarantees energy and environmental performance, thanks to:
- Conversion into "green" electricity via co-generation
- Bio-methane production (for injection into the network or as fuel)
- Complete sludge pasteurization
- Reduced carbon footprint of the facilities
- Many possibilities for using biogas: with external input (co-digestion), energy self- sufficiency or even a positive energy footprint may be achieved by the plant.
Bio Thelys™ combines with other Veolia sludge treatment processes such as Athos™ (hydrothermal oxidation), Pyrofluid™ (incineration), BioCon™ (thermal drying), Solia™ (solar drying) and completes them to offer even more sustainable solutions.