The Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS) is designed to increase productivity and profitability.
Its water treatment components are capable of accommodating the high feed inputs, growth rates and stocking densities required for the operation's financial viability.
- Applicable to a wide variety of species
- Increased production, lower mortality and more efficient use of fish tanks
- Reduced costs: installation, operation, energy
- Reduced physical footprint
- From fresh to seawater, cold to tropical water
Veolia's sustainable RAS solution reduces water consumption, reusing water through continual treatment and delivery to support a wide variety of species, including cold water, tropical, fresh and salt water.
The RAS plant removes organic matter, total ammonium nitrogen, suspended solids, CO2, N2 and harmful bacteria/ virus and optimizes pH and alkalinity.
- 250 to 500 liters water used per kg of fish produced
- Up to 99% water reused through closed-loop system
- Reduced water and carbon footprints > reduced environmental impact
- Conforms to the most stringent regulations