ACTIFLO® Disc is a polishing solution designed to achieve high removal levels of suspended solids and phosphorus in municipal and industrial wastewater for water reuse.
Actiflo® Disc’s configuration combines two efficient and compact treatment processes: a conventional Actiflo® phase, namely coagulation-flocculation ballasted bu microsand which allows for high-performance clarification, followed by a rotating disk filter polishing system for tertiary treatment.
With a total removal rate in excess of 95% for phosphorus and up to more than 99% for suspended solids, Actiflo Disc’s performance exceeds most discharge and reuse standards.
- Very compact solution, easy to adjust to present facilities or sites to be refurbished.
- Compactness: a footprint up to 80% lower than other conventional processes.
- Very low water losses
- Provides a protective barrier against parasites (ex: Helminth eggs).
- Lower turbidity, suspended solids and reduces residual phosphate contents.
- Gravity filtration
- Continuous supply with no shutdown to wash filters
Thanks to its unique equipment design, ACTIFLO® Disc is applicable in several industrial and municipal situations.
- pre-treatment upstream of the membrane to produce drinking water
- Wastewater treatment
- Tertiary wastewater treatment for reuse in irrigation, replenishing the groundwater table or for urban use.
- Industrial wastewater treatment
- Production of process water
- Wastewater treatment for reuse